Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oktober Haul


Time runs and so it is already November now! During Oktober I got some new figures, three of them from tokyohunter (great guy).

So here is what I got:
(from left to the right)

1. stunning Raquel Gothic Gathering figure from e20.
She is my first Gathering. I didn´t bought Gathering-figures ever before because it was simply too expensive from my view and also I didn´t knew what I would get for my money. For Raquel, I fell in love with her on e20 when her Gathering was first released, but I couldn´t bring myself to buy her that time. Time went by and I kept reading all this blog-reviews about Raquel and more and more was sure that I missed a great figure. Also during this time prices for PVC figures kept getting higher and higher.
And then she showed up again. First on preorder -than she was in Stock, and then I couldn´t resist her any longer...especially with a price tag of 89€ (130USD).
Today, sadly, many PVC figures out there do cost the same, figures from German retailers hit this price very often, so the "she is too expensive"-thought could not hold me back any longer.
When thinking about it it´s a very good deal, I mean this is handmade, I don´t know how they can sellt her at this price.
So, long story -short fact: she is mine know^^
What I think about my first Gathering? I love her. She is very big, everything went smoothly into place and I can´t say anything bad about the paint job. Not to mention the design was a killer from the start. However I do have one problem -she doesn´t fit into my display caseXD

2. Taste of forbidden fruit doujinshi by Keiichi Sumi in the background of Raquel, yes I know you can´t see it, but ti´s a figure loot so it doesn´t matter:3

3. Sitting on her box- Drossel Figma!!!! I wanted her sooo long!! I am so happy that they re-released her. I love her blue eyes...
Maybe I should get another Drossel..she is really the first figure which I would like to own two of. (okay, to be honest when I got the Miku Nendoroid I also thought about getting another one because she looks soo cute and I wanted to display her in different poses at the same time..know she is sold out, so no second Miku for me)

4. Sitting next to Drossel my cute Taiga, she was only avaiable through one of this cruel mail-order actions of a magazine -I think it was Dengeki DaiOh. She is much smaller than I thought -ok Taiga is short, but for an 1/8 figure she does more have the 1/10 scale. She would go fine with my Figmas, that´s how small she is.
The quality is Kotobukiya-average. Some flaws but nothing too bad. Her skin colour seems yellowish to me and her hair could have used another colour... Her swimsuit and her crossed legs+ hands are done with great details.
She is one of the cutest figures I have seen in ages. yes that´s my opinion. I could gaze into her eyes for hours and still would call them sweet. Her view is moe. Never thought I would use that word, but it discribes her the best; she is moe like hell.
Her head can be moved a little bit (I think that´s because you have to take it of to put her tube around her). The tube (do you call it that?) is looking great, totaly look-through is possible.

5. Remilia Scarlet and Patchouli Knowledge from Touhou Project
Griffon did a good job here. In general I do not like Griffon figures, mostly becau they look stiff and unlively to me. This two are fine. Still no oh-so great-pose, but I like them. Patchoulis face is even cuter then Taigas. Also very moe... I will talk a bit more about them when I review them.

Phew- done.

No comments:

Post a Comment